There really isn’t anything more reliable than Joe Biden and his continual stream of unfunny funny verbal slip ups. He delivers every time. Here’s an older gem H/T Time Magazine:
Sept. 9, 2008
“I’m told Chuck Graham, state senator, is here. Stand up Chuck, let ’em see you. Oh, God love you. What am I talking about. I’ll tell you what, you’re making everybody else stand up, though, pal.”
—Biden, telling Missouri state senator Chuck Graham to stand up at a campaign rally, before realizing that Graham is confined to a wheelchair.
But before you say well, that’s pretty old, look! Here he is from this week:
[gigya height=”340″ width=”500″ src=”http://l3cdn.iqmediacorp.com.c.footprint.net/scontent/player/iqmedia_player_resize_cdn.swf” wmode=”transparent” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” flashvars=”embedId=23b086c0-5a3a-4f5f-b454-a33471ddc4e5″ ]
The question really is this: are they really “gaffes” if he makes them all the time? I think not… just look at he related articles on this pattern of, well… gaffery. For a complete listing of historically gaffetastic Biden, click anywhere you see “gaffe”.
- Joe Biden Just Confused North Carolina And Virginia (businessinsider.com)
- Joe Biden: ‘They’re Going To Put Y’All Back In Chains’ (Video) (redalexandriava.com)
- Joe Biden Confuses North Carolina & Virginia (redalexandriava.com)
- What the Hell Did Joe Biden’s ‘Chain’ Remark Mean? (nymag.com)
- Joe Biden Threatens Republicans Will Put You in Chains (theatlanticwire.com)