Will the president’s poll numbers finally dropping to reflect a very disillusioned American populace, it’s no wonder he’s taken to vacationing again. Yes, I know it’s the summer, but I have no patience for the constant campaigning and incessant travel. Neither do the American people. In a CNN/ORC poll taken last week the damage is pretty, well, damaging. Via Real Clear Politics:
In overall approval, the President was +8 in May’s poll, 53-45. But in the most recent poll the President’s approval rating has dropped to 45-54 or -9.
That’s a negative shift of 17 percentage points in one month.…
On what are known as the “issue handling” questions (Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling):
The Economy – 42-57 (-15)
Foreign Affairs – 44-54 (-10)
Deficit/budget – 34-64 (-30)
Immigration – 40-56 (-16)
NSA/Surveillance – 35-61 (-26)
Whew! Excellent news. I was beginning to think that Obama really was a teflon president.
But the biggest topic today is the immigration reform bill S744, or the “Amnesty Bill” as I like to call it. Two glaring problems with the bill have been uncovered: the CBO reports that under the current provisions for immigrants that overstay their visas, illegal immigration will only decrease by 25%. That’s right, illegal immigration will continue at a rate equal to 75% of the current rate:
Via CNSnews.com – “Unauthorized residents would find it harder both to enter the country and to find employment while unauthorized,” says the report. “However, other aspects of the bill would probably increase the number of unauthorized residents—in particular, people overstaying their visas issued under the new programs for temporary workers.
The second issue is that S744 does not require newly minted legal immigrants to pay back taxes! So actions that would get any normal citizen thrown in jail, fined, garnished, and assets confiscated, get’s an illegal alien citizenship!
Via the Heritage Foundation – There are many serious flaws in the controversial Senate immigration bill, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act (S. 744). One such flaw is that it fails a standard of basic fairness to which immigration has long been held: It does not meaningfully require illegal immigrants to pay back taxes, interest, and penalties on all the income they earned while here in the U.S. illegally before being granted legal status.
Break out the bubbly, it’s shamnesty time.
- IRS to pay 70 million in bonuses under the SEQUESTER! I have no words. Okay I do. They just aren’t fit for your eyes. (washingtonpost.com)
- Pig Maher is out snorting against conservative women again; this time he’s attacking their children too. (ShePAC)
- Today’s college women have no idea what feminism is actually about. Careful- the stupid is strong with this one! (The Life Neurotic)
- CBO Analysis Confirms: Gang of Eight Bill Is a Disaster (powerlineblog.com)
- THE RUBIO-SCHUMER SHAMNESTY BILL: Why Gun Owners Should Be Very, Very Concerned [GOA] (directorblue.blogspot.com)
- What John McCain’s Immigration Dishonesty Tells Us About the Folly of Comprehensive Reform (reason.com)