Here is some Tim Kaine background info, since this is the Presidential/VP election year of digging dirt.
1. Kaine used public funds when he was Mayor of Richmond: $6,000 in public funds on buses to the Million Mom March; an anti-gun-violence rally in Washington D.C. Later once this was made public, he had to “privately raise the funds” to replace the public funds he used.
2. Kaine was a big supporter of: Project Exile (what a name huh? That’s exactly what it did, exiled offenders – where’s the liberal humanitarian empathy?) which shifted the prosecution of illegal gun possession offenses to federal court. These gun crimes carried a mandatory minimum sentence of five years in federal prison under the federal Gun Control Act of 1968, rather than lesser sentences in state court. Many Black organizations and activists opposed this law, for example: anti-prison advocates, black activists, and a coalition of pro-gun rights groups. Some Democrats considered Project Exile to be racist, so it’s very interesting to now have Kaine chosen as the VP pick for the Left.
3. As Governor, Kaine flipped flopped on Coal, supporting coal fired power plants, then in 2009 he jumped on Obama’s bandwagon and supported tougher restrictions for coal mining. But then again he was high on Obama’s list for VP, even before Biden.
4. In 2007, Governor Tim Kaine appointed Esam Omeish to the Virginia Commission on Immigration. Esam Omeish made videos accusing Israel of genocide and calling for the impeachment of President Bush while on the immigration commission. Esam was born in Tripoli, Libya. In some of his videos Omeish makes statements such as: “you have learned the way, that you have known that the jihad way is the way to liberate your land.”
“We must prosecute those who are responsible for this war. Impeach Bush today! Let us cleanse our State Department, our Congress, our Pentagon of those who have driven America into this colossal mistake.” In 2009, Hillary Clinton included Omeish on a conference call to “bridge the way”… Kaine had to ask for resignation with egg on face and a statement to “vet better” in the future.
5. As a Senator, he has received perfect scores from Planned Parenthood and the abortion-rights advocacy group NARAL. The only way to get a rating like that from Planned Parenthood is to be rabidly pro abortion.
6. Kaine has a 100% rating from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and an “F” rating from the NRA.
He will probably tout his bipartisanship, budget busting background. That legislative bipartisanship were amounts to crumbs compared to his overall record. Kaine has even flip flopped on the war on terrorism.